Controls failing in TVR-2 Amstrad Combo TV?

I have little electronic skills but my TV is quite old so thought I might see if there is a simple solution to this and have a go at reviving it before I throw it away :):

My Amstrad TVR-2 (Combo 14" VCR) has started to become unstable.

(AMSTRAD TVR2 = FUNAI TVR1400 ?)

I have no IR controller but from the front buttons whenever I try and change channels or use the volume control or switch the unit off the TV simply changes channel regardless of button pressed.

This happens after the unit has been on for a couple of hours (it is OK til then.)

Along with this behavior there is some slight interference on the TV (sporadic) and the volume will rise and fall sporadically.

Any suggestions for what the problem might be?

It looks like all the control components for the basic TV are on the same board?

I have the repair manual so can look up components but have no expertise so can not identify what might be failing.

Anyone know this TV?

Regards

Pete

Reply to