Canon Optura 20 repair?

My son got a Canon Optura 20 camcorder that I would dearly love to get going for him to help promote his interest in digital video/ photography.

It is a Canon Optura 20 and the cassette will not load into it. Apparently this is a well known (?) issue with these Canon recorders. However, to date I have not been able to find an online resource or DIY information on this at all.

To send it to Canon for repair - well, it's just not ecnomiically viable in this case.

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction for clues to effect a disassembly/repair....?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/input.

Reply to
BSAKing