Bootload ATMEGA328

Please is there any simple way to bootload an Arduino ATMEGA328 chip? I have an arduino UNO board and i want to use it to bootload an ATMEGA chip. all the videos and other tutorials seem not to work. I will be much grateful if someone can help me do that.

Reply to
Daniel Fynn

I know of two ways to do it. One way requires a working Arduino board and a bread board where you can plug in the chip, a crystal and a couple of other components.

The other way is a working Arduino and an Arduino board with a removable chip.

Either way , you put the two boards together with a few wires and run the boot loader program from a computer.

Youtube has many examples to take you through the steps.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes. You program an Arduino as an ISP, as here: and use that to program your ATMEGA328.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Thank you very much I will visit the site.

Reply to
Daniel Fynn

Thanks

Reply to