Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

And, where still accessible, they probably also continued to be used for immoral purposes for a long time after the war. And pillboxes.

--
Ian
Reply to

Perhaps Ian forgot the smiley when he wrote that? ;-)

--

Terry
Reply to

Certainly into the 60's erm... oops!

Ron

Reply to
Ron

After a week of not sleeping more than a few hours a nght, I really don't care about an ocassional typo. Try it sometime, laying in bed in pain all night and never going to sleep.

Michael A. Terrell

Indeed so, and there was a marked increase in behavior which was not correct during WW2, eg the black market.

Reply to
J G Miller

On Saturday, February 11th, 2012, at 14:53:06h +0000, David Looser propagated this red herring:

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Your attempt at linking two totally unrelated issues is nothing less than disingenuous and ill-considered.

Reply to
J G Miller

Or maybe he was confusing morals and morale?

Reply to
J G Miller

There are *far* from being unrelated! A sexual act takes two, and usually one is a woman. The social effect of WW2 gave women the freedom to engage in such sexual behaviour as well as many other freedoms.

It is your attempt to deny the link that is "disingenuous and ill-considered".

David.

Reply to
David Looser

We were, but you had said that a single small airplane would not be a practical tool of war, and I was refuting that. IMHO a single stealth airplane, seeming appearing out of nowhere 10 minutes from London with an atomic bomb would have been a very practical tool of war.

Especially if the US public was led to believe that there was another one headed for the east coast of the US, for example New York City, Boston, Washington DC, etc.

Or if there were two such airplanes, one hitting New York from Europe and one hitting L.A. from "Japan" (not directly, obviously), that would have been the end of the war.

IMHO one of the big reasons that Japan surrendered after the second atomic bombing was that they were unaware there was no fourth bomb, the first having been set of on US soil.

If (again speculation) the US had not invaded Europe in June of 1944, my original comment, and the Luftwaffe had both a stealth bomber and atomic bombs to drop from it, the war would of turned out differently.

As for Germany stopping its atomic bomb development program in 1942, how many times did Saddam Huesein start his and Iran stop theirs in the last 20 years?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote

You were privy to the deliberations of the Japanese government? I'm impressed!

An awful lot of "ifs" there!

The US threw enormous recourses at building an atomic bomb, recourses that Germany simply didn't have in 1944. They didn't have the recourses to build a transatlantic stealth bomber either. The fighter (which of course never saw action) was no more than a concept demonstrator, it didn't have the range to reach the UK let alone the US, nor did it have the load-carrying capability to carry an atomic bomb. How long would it have taken Germany, already coming under serious pressure from the Red Army and seriously short of fuel, materials and manpower to develop both?

David.

Reply to
David Looser

Sweden use DVB-T2 on VHF Band III in some areas for HDTV.

Ken

Oh, come on. I said IMHO, and it was exactly that, an opionon of someone born after the war, commenting in 2012 what they did in 1945.

Yes, that's why it's speculaton.

I have no idea. What we do know is that the US accomplished most of it through "brute force" (my words) by throwing enormous recourses (your words) at it.

Germany may not of had the resources, but they may of had better scientists. They certainly were years ahead of the Allies in rocket science.

As long as we are speculating, I started this with the timing of the US invasion of occupied France, June 6, 1944, and saying that things would of turned out differently if it had occured a year or two later. Care to speculate on what the Soviet Army would of done too?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(
Reply to
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

While we're correcting spelling that's "have had", not "of had".

"Would have", or "would've" if we're being informal.

Isn't there a usenet rule that when you start correcting grammar or spelling errors, you always make at least one of you own?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

Is that what it says in American history books?

I think you will find that it was an Allied invasion ...

--

Terry
Reply to

I know, I was wondering if anyone was actually paying attention. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(
Reply to
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Why do people write and say "of"? It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Don Pearce

There is a story (of questionable validity) that work on atomic weapons was halted, because they were based on "Jewish" science.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

It is all to do with the inevitable consonant and vowel shifting that occurs in dialects and languages, something like

formally he would have

can become he would avv

which becomes he would aff

which become he would of

Reply to
J G Miller

I call it phonetic writing, it seems to be more common these days, they have never seen the written phrase so write what they think people are saying. The country is going to the dogs. Our local paper does a "man in the street" item where they ask passers by their opinions on local issues: They recently asked "do you use the new library?"

Of the five people interviewed, one responded yes, he particularly liked military books, one said he didn't read much and prefered to watch DVD's but he had been to see the library and the other three said they hadn't read a book since they left school and had never been near the place.

I'm a member of the local Free Cycle group and people regularly offer or ask for chests and sets of draws. One lady offered an otterman; he was in good condition apparently, and on one memorable occasion somebody was trying to get rid of a big red poof.

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/

A lot (which I was taught not use) of things have changed in the last 50 years and English has mutated. In my case, I don't really care, I try to use what I remember is proper grammar, but sometimes I am behind the times or fail.

You can imagine my shock the first time I read that someone was gifted a blender and other modernizations that have occured in the last decade.

But, sometimes I am just being a wise guy because on the internet no one notices, and one can break the rules, such as starting a sentence with but.

On that note on a local mailing list, someone asked:

"Many people have been recomending me to study to become a technical writer. Does anyone know anything about it? Is there a demand in Israel? Whats the pay like? How advanced does my English have to be?"

I wrote back "Your English is not good enough."

He never even said thank you.

Geoff.