adding a speaker to a cordless phone

Hello, We have this cordless phone we purchased a while back and some folks complain that if they talk for a long amount of time, the handset gets a bit warm and affects their head, etc.

The phone doesn't have a built-in speaker capability.

I was wondering if I could attach a speakerphone to this phone and then have the others stay a bit away from the handset. Is this possible?

Also, is there much emf being emitted from cordless units?

let me know if it's possible...

Reply to
ap

No, not much emf / rf energy to worry about..... a whole lot less than a cell phone. No, not very easy to attach a speaker to your cordless handset. Maybe you should try a different model or brand of phone that runs cooler so it won't bother "some folks"..... but don't let them hold it with their hot hands. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

Adding a *headset jack* might be relatively trivial; but with cordless phones so equipped bringing $10-20 on sale at Walgreens, why bother?

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Hi jak...

Never thought of that or would have suggested it. Worth checking, mine already has one (Memorex). Bought a new phone - weird thing that clips onto your belt and had a headset with it for 3 dollars at a dollar type store. Threw the phone part away, plugged the headset into my cordless and works fine. Great for lengthy talks with grandkids :)

Maybe the op will be lucky and be able to do the same :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel