Acoustic Solutions LCD26761HDF (17MB12 chassis Vestel)

I've got this LCD tv with a blank white screen with sound ok. I checked the LVDS cable and that is fine. I connected a colour bar signal and can see the bars faintly just behind the white screen. What could be faulty? What voltages should be on the connectors that drive the Backlight?

Reply to
Jack00

Have you ever seen this TV working, or is it 'new' to you ? The reason I ask is that I repair a lot of these small LCD TVs - which all have a similar chassis but different 'badge' names - for a guy who buys them by the pallette-load as 'returns', and I have seen this bright white screen condition a number of times. In each case, it has been due to the mainboard end of the LCD data cable being inserted into its connector backwards. You may think that it would not be possible to do this, but it is in fact very easy with the strange thin double pin-row type that it is, and interestigly, the way that the cable seems to naturally hang against the socket, is actually the 'backwards' way ...

May be way off-beam in the case of the TV you are working on, but just a thought.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

The LCD data cable is connected the right way. The screen on this tv just went white while it was working.

Reply to
Jack00

Fair enough, I doubt in that case, that it's going to be anything straightforward or readily fixable then ... :-(

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily