sony kdl-46vl130 ??

I had one given to me that has a picture problem. When I first turn it on the left half of the screen has three white vertical bars 4 inches wide , while the right half has raster. With a couple of seconds a picture comes on. The right side picture is very good like it should be but the left side has the bars ruining the picture and makes it blurry. The remote was lost so I can't do much. Any tips or suggestions on what might be the problem. FYI. I was a radar tech in the air force and worked my way thru engineering school in the 1960s as a TV repairman but know zero about LCD and digital TV. Thanks Hank wd5jfr

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

You can try reseating internal connectors, but it's probably a panel problem...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Re-seat the flat cable connectors at top/bottom of the LCD panel. If that fixes the problem, tape over each connectors+cables with wide tape to prevent it recurring.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Yup, the entire LCD panel. One could try reseating the LVDS cables to the T-conn. These are respectively, the flat cable going to / from the small board hidden near the top middle of the panel to the main board, and from that small board up to the panel itself.

Not a high percentage chance of success though...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Reply to