Sanyo C28WN1B no green

The set has no green at all in the picture. I checked the voltage of each colour on the CRT PCB and they were all the same and then went on to check the transistors, resistors and caps on the green drive cicuit and they all tested out OK. I then tried adjusting the green cut-off POT and it made no differance unless turned all the way at which point the screen would go completely dark green with white trace lines across the screen and no picture. I also noticed that there were red and blue drive POTs but no green drive POT and was wondering why this was the case. It is the first time that I have dealt with a colour issue and this may sound dumb but I am a bit confused as to why there isn't a drive POT for each colour. I then located the video decoder IC and connected the red output to the green drive circuit and still got no green.

So upto now I have proved that the fault is not in the chroma cicuit by connecting the red output to the green drive and I also cannot find any bad components in the green drive circuit on the CRT PCB so the conclusion that I have come to is that the green gun in the CRT must be at fault but before I scrap the TV I would like to ask the more experienced people that hang aroud in this newsgroup if there is anything that I have missed or done wrong or if I am right and the CRT is knackered as I would hate to throw away the TV if I were wrong and the fault lay somewhere else.

Reply to
kel-fbs

Sure sounds like a bad picture tube to me, , You need a picture tube tester at this point

Reply to
Charlie East