Philips-TV (28pt4513) Problem

I have a Philips 28PT4513 (MD1.2E AA Chassi) and got some problem. With antenna-cable connected to the TV I get no picture at all (just snow). When I disconnect the antenna-cable and put my finger over the connector on the TV I get a very poor picture on the TV. What could this be?

Pontus

Reply to
Pontus

Have you connected some different RF source (a VCR outputting channel 3 or 4, some rabbit ears, whatever) to that TV? I ask because what you describe sounds to me consistent with a short to ground in the antenna/cable itself - meaning the TV could be fine. Probably you already checked that though.

--
dstromb
Reply to

With

snow). When

on the

you need a new antenna?? ;-)

if not, at least try resoldering the tuner joints.

-B