32" Sony Trinatron audio volume dies as it heats up

My nieghbor gave me a 32" Sony KV-32TS36 manufactured 1993. He tossed it because the volume would fade out as it stayed on longer (assuming as it heats up)

Does anybody know what part this could sounds like? I'm a lay person to electronics repair but have had success on this group years ago soldering something on another TV found on the street.

Thanks Henry

Reply to
hchelfman

It's the sbx1637 board. Check Mat Electronics for this part. It is on a stand up board off of the main chassis. Ocassionally a board is defective right out of the bag so, if the first one doesn't solve the problem, try another. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

This is an AA-1 chassis...does use the typical SBX1637 like the 32TS35 set.

There is an SBX type module inside the tuner but you cannot replace it.

You'll more than likely need a new tuner.

But first try this.......run the set with a VCR hooked up to the A/V jacks....if the audio stays OK using this method then the tuner is at fault.

New tuners are pricey...you can get a rebuilt from

for $27.00 shipped. You just need to return your dud to them or they will charge a $27.00 core fee.

Description: TUNER (BTF-WA402) Core/DUD Value: $0.00 WAS 859825410 Total Price: $77.00 EA Vendor: SONY Suggested Retail: $98.78 EA On Hand: INVENTORY AVAILABLE IN MARYLAND AND FLORIDA ETA: FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT

PO # or Notes: Quantity to Order:

Substitute Items Available Below

To order a substitute part, click on the item number. Item Number On Hand Your Price Retail 859825451 ( SONY) INVENTORY NOT AVAILABLE AND CANNOT BE ORDERED $70.00 $77.00

859825440 ( SONY) INVENTORY NOT AVAILABLE AND CANNOT BE ORDERED $70.00 $77.00
--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

 wrote in message
> My nieghbor gave me a 32" Sony KV-32TS36 manufactured 1993. He tossed
> it because the volume would fade out as it stayed on longer (assuming
> as it heats up)
>
> Does anybody know what part this could sounds like? I'm a lay person to
> electronics repair but have had success on this group years ago
> soldering something on another TV found on the street.
>
> Thanks
> Henry

begin 666 blank.gif
`