Sony 32" dead again.

KV-32S40 dead, replaced horiz output, MX regulator IC, & resistor. VDR on separate power supply board measured open...should be ok, & I never had that type VDR in stock, used the variac, slowly up to 120 vac, after 30 secs...gently blew the parts again. Replaced horiz drive cap. Pix was perfect. Did I miss anything? Should I replace the VRD, even though it measured open circuit? Thanks.

Reply to
Dani

A variac is of no help in this Sony circuit. As a test, next time, use a 100 Watt light bulb in series with the 120 VAC. If the set is in working condition than it will -try- to startup. If there is another

-major- problem the 100 Watt bulb just lights up bright and there is no further damage done.

Good Luck

Reply to
Do Little2

Cracked solder connections on T501 Horizontal Base drive tranny is typically what causes the failure.

If you did NOT resolder it....this is what caused the domino effect failure!

Look at the pins with a magnifying loop...you will see!

Resolder this transformer on ANY TV you repair.

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

That's because you never fixed the problem that caused those components to blow in the first place.

Reply to
kip