Sony Trinatron 27 "TV Lost Filament

Hello I have a Sony 27" Trinitron TV , sound and remote work , lost filament in CRT , have worked on PS and HOT on this model before and had success , wonder if anybody has had this problem , used to have access to schematics in local library , they did away with them. Thanks Phil L.

Reply to
Phil

Try news:sci.electronics.repair Give them the Brand and Model numbers, as well as the symptoms and they may be able to help you.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
Phil

, looking for quick answer I guess , Phil

Top posting is not very popular around here.

If you don't take the time to read the answers, why should anyone take the time to solve your problems?

Don't you think its rude to ask for help and than not even make an effort to read it?

SioL

Reply to
SioL

hi Phil without schematic things is often more simple. locate the fillament connection on the picure tube base, remove the pcb and measure with an ohmmeter wheter the fillament is broken or not.. eventually apply 4 volt to the heater- the current scould be around =BD ampere,and fillament glows . If this is so,then it is normaly not complicated to follow the wires for fillament. one goes to gnd (normaly).. and you will find an O/C.

nt

Reply to
Alex

Reply to
Phil

Don't know if it applies to your model but just yesterday was working on a small (13") Sony monitor that has a resistor in series with the filament. Bad solder joints on the resistor prevented filament power. As another said, ohm out the actual filament on the CRT with the board off the tube. Filament failures are actually pretty rare while bad solder is much more common.

GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach