12 volt Transfomer

Hi Can anyone give me some advice on my caravan transformer, the transformer buzzes but no power comes out. Thank you for any help at all

Reply to
postielady

Could be a bad connection or an open secondary (unusual). If it buzzes, the primary is energized.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Are you talking about the actual transformer, or a power supply? People often call a power supply (AC in DC out) a transformer, but techs are talking the actual AC to AC part inside that drops the voltage down to

12 or so.

Just getting the full info....

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
Neilish

In message , Neilish writes

I would think he's talking about the charger for the battery but you could be right of course.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

yes, if you tell us the necessary info.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It could be any of the following:-

1, The 240 volt primary winding could be U/S 2, The 12 output winding is burnt out 3, The 12 volt fuse has blown

Try to get the manual for the van, it should contain a circuit diagram, if you can get a manual it is pretty easy to follow.

Regards

Oldeng

--
oldeng