Serial Pheripheral Interface for XILINX FPGA

Hi,

I have one question if anyone can give me some clues. I need to realize SPI (Serial Pheriferal Interface for my project). Does anybody knows is there any free version of this core that can be foud on the net. TO be honest, I tought that I will find this easy on the net but it turns out that it was not.. I need that my interface be fully programed.

Please if someone can give me any clue where can I find this. If you don't know, some good literature would also help if I must to do it by myself from the beginning.

Thank you very much Zoran

Reply to
Zorjak

First thing that comes to my mind is.......start using Microblaze. You can configure a SPI peripheral. Drawback is License of EDK of course and You will have to review your C/C++ knowledge.

If not of your like the former option......check Opencores.....www.opencores.org . I think I saw sthg there for a SPI ( I found an UART controller).

Cheers

Alfredo

Reply to
Alfreeeeed

Thank you for your fast help Alfred I surely visit opencores. The thing is that I need VHDL solution of the SPI, so microblaze isn't waht I am looking for.

Thank you again for your help. Zoran

Reply to
Zorjak

Christ! It takes about an hour tops to put together an SPI interface. If you cannot even do that you should not even be playing with FPGA's!

Read the SPI interface spec for the peripheral(s) you want to interface and go design.

Icky

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

you

nd

OK, thanks for said that to me Icky

Zoran

Reply to
Zorjak

Hi, Zorjak, You will find one set of SPI design files here

Hope that helps.

@alfreeeed, Hi, My only point with Microblaze is that it takes far too many resources. Why would I want to instantiate full microblaze which takes about 800 LUTS for something like SPI which in itself might just take 200-300 LUTs.

-- Goli

Reply to
Goli