using multimeter to test signal voltage

hi, can anyone out there can give me ideas on how to use the output jack of my multimeter. i have one on my meter but i dont know how to use it. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you, ian

Reply to
cheian07

It would help if you told us the make and model of the meter? Some have serial ports that can be connected to a PC for data logging but they tend to be the more expensive models. What does the connector look like on this output?

Reply to
CWatters

--
Go to:

http://www.simpsonelectric.com/pdf/manuals/test/260-8man.pdf

and read the section on making measurements using the OUTPUT function.
Reply to
John Fields

I'm not the OP but thanks! I hard to believe but... I've been an electronice engineer for 20+ years and never come across this useful feature on a meter before.

Colin

Reply to
CWatters