utelnetd on arm linux...

I have installed utelnetd on my arm linux system. Upon starting utelnetd with the following:

utelnetd -l /bin/sh -d

I get:

telnetd: starting port: 23; interface: any; login program: /bin/sh

When I try to telnet into it from another machine with:

telnet 192.168.1.2

I get:

Trying 192.168.1.2... Connected to 192.168.1.2. Escape character is '^]'.

and then nothing but a blinking cursor which echos anything I type in.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on, or at least how to find out?

Reply to
twgray

I don't know ARM or utelnetd, but I'd like to see the output of: ls -l /bin/sh

Apostolos

--
Replace earth.space with gmail.com for a valid e-mail
Reply to

I've found utelnetd does not like symbolic links.

Reply to
Jim Jackson