usb on linux

Hi.. I am working windows device drivers, now i have to work on usb device drivers on linux, i have some doubts on usb architecture in liux, i have gone through your documents, still i have some doubts, i think u can solve my problem.

i have a small knowledge on usb in windows drivers,

1)like windows in linux how the driver and device stack will form? and what is the role of pnp manager in linux? 2) what is the role of I/O manager in linux, whether the pnp manager will exist in linux or not? 3)in case windows we use many filter drivers , like that can we have any filter drivers concept in linux drivers? 4)in case of windows usb drivers enumaration starts by sending irps to the hub drivers and pnp manager, the same things will happen in linux also? 5) what is difference in enumaration in linux and windows? can u give a very good sites or groups which can help me out for writing drivers for usb. thanks and regards shankar
Reply to
shankar.linux

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: Hi, check out the 'linux device drivers' book which is online available:

you can find several examples on internet like for example here:

I cannot answer your questions below because fortunately never had to write windows drivers except for some old ISA stuff. best wishes taco

Reply to
Taco