Ubuntu coming to tablets starting with Nexus 7 quad core tablet

7 wrote:

> >> Ubuntu coming to tablets starting with Nexus 7 quad core tablet >> --------------------------------------------------------------- >> >> >>

That means I need three arms and three eyes to operate the Nexus 7, Gemei G2 tablet AND the Nexus 10 at the same time!

I got the Gemei G2 to put Lubuntu on it. If the developer's summit put Ubuntu on Nexus 7, then I want that too. If a Nexus 10 is coming out with Ubuntu, then I probably want that too.

All for a good cause. I got a tablet developer system, and if I can get my head around the electronics, LCD and porting by learning from those that already work, then I can build my own Ubuntu tablet!! :-D So far, just to read the documentation has got me dizzy. Its just too much to take in. Designed more for a team than hobbyists tinkering to make such a 'trivial' toy.

[ A note to manufacturers: THERE HAD GOT TO BE BETTER WAYS TO MAKE TABLETS! All ARMs should by default boot from SDCard like a PC and documentation has to be 100% for all internal peripherals such as video and graphics accelerators! Its your funeral if you are forced to hold back such information!! Your investors demand maximum sales and the only way you can guarantee that without cheating the investor is to document ALL parts of a SoC to allow software engineers to port Linux for the chip and make more sales from it! ]
Reply to
7