Redboot on Zaurus

All,

I got a Sharp SL-5600, and was happy with the fact that it's based on Linux. However, just like other companies, Sharp only provides limited hardware information. In addition to that, even have googled for a while, I still do not know how to configure its bootloader in order to load my BSD kernel. I saw some notes about how to temporarily install redboot within winCE/iPaq and download Linux kernel. And thinking that I might do the same thing on SL-5600. First bootup Zaurus into Sharp's Linux, install redboot in RAM, then download and execute my own kernel.... Did anyone try that? Any comments are appreciated...Thnks!

Regards, Bear.

Reply to
ChengHsin Hsu

This site might have some useful information.

pocketcoder

Nice project. Although you may consider to look into porting LAB (Linux as Bootloader) - the next generation handhelds.org bootloader - instead.

LAB can probably easier be ported than RedBoot - besides, it has strong community support :)

Cheers,

Mickey.

Reply to
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer