Porting uClinux or Snapgear Linux to SE2810 board

I recently received a SE2810 board (looks like a SE2580) and would like to load up Snapgear Linux or uClinux for testing. After reading through the docs found on uclinux.org, I got a PC with RedHat 7.3 installed and configured. Also I installed toolchain/distribution, and compiled the basics. But I got stuck on the process of communicating with the SE2810 board. It seems some script in the existing firmware/bootloader keeps running so I couldn't even get to the command prompt via minicom. Can anyone kindly tell me if there's a way to get to the prompt or better yet, stop or even remove the unwanted exiting bootloader? Thanks in advance.

Henry

Reply to
itsung

Hi Henry,

Have you tried ctrl-C on the console? can you actually tell what script is running?

Alternately, if you hold the reset button in while you plug in the power, the bootloader will try and load an image off a tftp server via ethernet. You will need a special recovery image for this, not a standard flash image.

Regards,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:  damion@cyberguard.com.au
  CyberGuard Corporation ----           ph:           +61 7 3435 2809
  | Custom Embedded Solutions          fax:           +61 7 3891 3630
  | and Security Appliances            web: http://www.cyberguard.com~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  ----  Free Embedded Linux Distro at  http://www.snapgear.org  ----
Reply to
Damion de Soto