modifying linux for proprietary hardware (walnut derivative)

Hello - I am trying to use Embedded Linux 2.4.25 PPC port for proprietary hardware. It is very much like the walnut, except it does not have some of the things the walnut has, e.g., no NVRAM with TOD clock, no FPGA, etc. Can someone give me a quick tutorial or point to where I can find some information on adjusting the Kernel. I know that a minimum modification to board_setup_arch (platforms/walnut.c) has to get adjusted, but what else? I am linux kernel newbie!

-ramzi

Reply to
Ramzi Maalouf