linux removel tool please supply url and instrustions if needed

i need a easy to run tool to remove linux i already formated my drive please tell me instrustion to get tool on disk if its not idiot proof and URL PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Reply to
BF1942RTRSWOWWII

try fdisk /mbr

bye

Reply to
giangiammy

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha scritto:

Put your PC close to the rear left wheel of your SUV, insert reverse, hit gas. should do the trick

/CM

Reply to
Capitan Mutanda

or a bulk tape eraser or degaussing coil moved slowly over your hard disk should do the trick.

Reply to
noone

Not if the hard disk is flash based, like the one I am currently running.

Anyway, the OP did not say what he wants to do after removing linux. Most os would take care of the mbr anyway. "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hd? bs=512 count=1" should destroy the existing data and let the os installer redo it.

Reply to
linnix

OK. I got just the thing for those annoying flash based hard drives. How about a 50kv coil I designed for a mass accelerator (rail gun)?...the emp generated when it fires should do just fine for scrambling those annoying non-volatile bits. Hell, I cannot even put the micro-controller electronics used to control the thing near it.

and as a matter of semantics I wouldn't call it a "hard drive" if it is flash based.

Reply to
noone

A cheap hammer would do just as well.

Flash is as "hard" as Magnetic drive. "Hard drive" is not the correct term for rotational platter and magnetic head anyway. How are you going to sell to the consumer a "rotational platter with magnetic head storage device"?

Reply to
linnix

ok. let's call it DASD and be done done with it. :^)

Reply to
noone

noone first reply was kinda funny but come on dont correct me on terms we all know what i mean but i want to fix the mbr so i can install linux

Reply to
BF1942RTRSWOWWII

Hi,

Not all of us do know what you mean. My personal experience with usenet: The less context you give the more generic (or funny) answers you will get.

Why do you have to fix an MBR to install linux? Can't you just boot from an install CD and reinstall the new linux?

Do you have a dual boot system with windows? In this case just boot under windows and type fdisk /mbr and restart your linux installation?

if you had a single boot system, then what do you want to fix the MBR for? Most linux installations will ask you to install a boot loader, which will then modify the mbr anyway

Or perhaps all of us (or at least I) still didn't understand

bye

P.S. A good way to ask question in the usenet may be to have a short simple question first (for the ones who understand without context what you mean) and then having a context session in case people aren't as smart as you expected them to be.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
news reader

on my spare hard drive i installed linux then i formatted my spare hard drive now i want to install windows on my spare hard drive but when i go to install windows says the partition isent windows compatable

Reply to
BF1942RTRSWOWWII

OK, here's the problem:

1) You're asking in a group devoted to embedded systems, not PC's. You don't seem to know the difference. 2) Your asking in a group devoted to Liniux, and by your own admission, you don't have linux installed. 3) You don't seem to know enough about computers to figure out how to wipe a partition table. My recommendation: 1) Hire someone who does know how to wipe the partition table to install a fully licensed copy of whatever the latest version of slop Macro$haft is charging way too much for. 2) Learn to spell, or at least how to run a spell checker.

I'll tell you this one for free: you don't format drives, you format filesystems, which were historically contained within partitions, although the trend now is to span multiple partitions with one filesystem.

Reply to
Tim Keck

This will fix everything.

Reply to