Need to boot xp from Flash drive..

Hello,

I have removed Harddisk from my system and connected Flash drive using
IDE adapter. Then i installed XP home using cd.

After installation is over it says to "remove if any floppy is in
floppy drive and press ENTER to start".

I have pressed ENTER. But then in starting it is saying that " DISK
ERROR    Press any key to Restart"

Please tell me how to solve this problem..

Thanks
Karuna.

Re: Need to boot XP from Flash drive..
Hello,

I have removed Harddisk from my system and connected Flash drive using
IDE adapter. Then i installed XP home using cd.

After installation is over it says to "remove if any floppy is in
floppy drive and press ENTER to start".

I have pressed ENTER. But then in starting it is saying that " DISK
ERROR    Press any key to Restart"

My bios is OPTIPLEX 170L series and its version is A07.

Please tell me how to solve this problem..

Thanks
Karuna.

Re: Need to boot XP from Flash drive..
Thorw that Xp to Trash and use  Linux

Say NO to monopolies, BOYCOTT Micro$oft

Re: Need to boot XP from Flash drive..

This is comp.os._linux_.embedded. M$-free Zone here ;)

Sven

--
Osama bin Laden might wish to destroy America, but America is too big for
him; he cannot do it. Bush may really do it. (Richard M. Stallman)

Re: Need to boot XP from Flash drive..
You should use XP embedded. That does work. A collegue of mine uses it
in multiple projects.

-Michael

Re: Need to boot xp from Flash drive..

Why are you asking about the installation of windows on an Embedded LINUX
newsgroup?

A Windows newsgroup may be better suited to this question, or even
Microsoft.

Cheers,
--
John McCallum