linux on wafer 4821?

hi,

I've bought a wafer 4821 and want to run linux on it. at the moment i'm having 2 major problems:

  1. accessing the bios: the wafer has no vga connector, so i'm a bit lost how to enter the bios and change the settings??? (already tried using amisetup over a serial line dos - doesn't work :-( )

  1. changing the parameters for the onboard realtek ethernet: (the rset8019 utility also doesn't work using a serial line dos :-( )

so far i've managed to boot DOS (from either floppy or a compact flash card connected as IDE drive). using ctty CON1: i can now enter dos commands using the serial line.

i also managed to load a linux kernel using loadlin, however now i'm looking for a distro to fit on a 32MB CF (with sshd).

has anybody experiences with the wafer 4821 and linux and could help me with this problems?

thanks, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas S. Krebs