Linux on 'hardware router'

recently I found out that my old and unused router

- 1stWave Wavemaxx Pro II

was also sold as:

- AboCom WR104
- Longshine LCS-883R WR4

It contains an ADMtek ADM5106 CPU and has a AboCom WB1500S wireless
card. Did anyone succeed in porting/installing a "micro" linux on this
piece of hardware or some other "open source" firmware?

Many thanks in advance
Matthias

Re: Linux on 'hardware router'

Have a look at this site:

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/ADMtek

Sven

--
"Thinking of using NT for your critical apps?
                                  Isn't there enough suffering in the world?"

Matthias

Re: Linux on 'hardware router'

The Connexant cx84200 and the ADMtek ADM5106 are the same and uses an
ARM7TDMI core.See:
http://saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com/nwr04b/http://hri.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hri Watch wrap around and the
'='sign:http://www.linux-hacker.net/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action =
ShowBoard&Board=RG&Idle=&Sort=&Order=&Session=or
http://tinyurl.com/8aqt2Greg

Re: Linux on 'hardware router'

'='sign:http://www.linux-hacker.net/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action =

Dumb Outlook.  Take Greg off the the tinyurl link.

Re: Linux on 'hardware router'
Good to know, thank you.
See:

I tried the links given above but there is still one (at the moment)
open question. Do I need some serial adapter or is it possible to upload
the firmware via tftp?

Matthias

Re: Linux on 'hardware router'

'='sign:http://www.linux-hacker.net/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action =

I believe that the NWR04b Network Anywhere uses the serial port per the
following docs. I dont have one so I have never done it.
see: http://saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com/nwr04b/download /
I would look at the Development archives:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=hri-devel

    Greg

Site Timeline