GET firmware from router

I have found my old 1stwave wireless router which is no longer in use.
It is based on an ADM5106 CPU. I think it might be interesting to "play"
around a little bit. Unfortunately, the original firmware is no longer
available at the webpage. I have read that the firmware can be updated
via tftp. Is it also possible to get/backup the current firmware from
the router?

Many thanks in advance,
Matthias Moeller

Re: GET firmware from router

Have you looked at
http://hri.sourceforge.net/

/Rune

Re: GET firmware from router

Yes, it is a very interesting website. But I only found information
about uploading a firmware to the router (erasing the existing one).

Matthias

Re: GET firmware from router

The  NorthQ router that I did some reverse engineering on had a
bootloader that could be reach by serial line and transfer the content
of the flash to the computer.

/Rune

Re: GET firmware from router

OK, I have found out, that the router is an Abocom WR104. I also found
some firmware and uploaded it. The routers seams to work well.

Matthias

Site Timeline