Profiling Linux "real-time" applications

Hi there,

We have a multi-process "real-time" application that we want to profile. I was thinking of using "sprof" because I can not recompile some of the processes (which are actually some shared libraries). Can someone report that this is a viable way of working ? Does there exist some documentation on using sprof or recent systems ? Is there other alternatives to this profiling problem ?

Thanks Guillaume

Reply to
Guillaume ALLEON

There is also oprofile

I don't know much about either profiler, but I did use oprofile successfully on a small scale

--
pa at panix dot com
Reply to