Light firewall - any alternative to netfilter ?

HI !

I am searching for something faster than netfilter.
I need only basic features - no stateful inspection, etc.
Only src ip, port and proto type based firewalling.
I need to put this into my embedded device which runs on
Linux 2.6. But netfilter is slow and i need to have as
much traffic as possible. Is there any faster alternative?

--
z powazaniem             "Needing someone is like needing a parachute.
Marcin Szczepaniak        If he isn't there the first time you need him,