Is there any alternative to Digikey for small orders?

I love their selection but when you look at their minimum purchase $5 fee, you end up paying $12 extra for a small order when you consider shipping.

Mouser is good but they have a lot of stuff, particularly capacitors that are 100 pcs minimum. Newark the same problem.

There are other online companies that don't have on-line catalogs that may be good, but does anyone know of any in particular?

Thanks in advance, Tom

Reply to
tomhoo

tomhoo wrote in news:1182295688.637493.73420 @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

*snip*

I've ordered from All Electronics several times, and AFAIK there's no minimum order.

Not affiliated, just a satisifed customer.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

They also have a toll-free number and some very clever individuals well able to find obsolete equivalents. I have been using them for years.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

He already listed Mouser as one of the places he uses.

I'll second All Electronics. Electronic Goldmine is good too, as can be Ebay, of course with any of those three, the stock is mostly surplus so you can't always get what you need but when you can it's usually cheap.

Reply to
James Sweet

Have you used Mouser's 800 number? They have always pulled onesies- twosies when I asked and when in stock. The minimums tend to apply to non-stock items that they would have to bring in just for you.

In one case (with Mouser), they e-mailed me later when such an item was requested by some other buyers and asked if I wanted to piggyback (but I had to buy 25... no hardship in this particular case).

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Mouser.com Jameco.com

Reply to
Petraman7

Right now, I get free shipping from Allied, and no minimum, but this applies to me only. It works for me. Mouser is pretty good for small orders. Credidt card orders is usually the problem with small orders, in using a minimum set point. PO's used to be a problem, but most companies I use have backed off minimums. I also used to get free shipping from Newark, used to.

greg

Reply to
GregS

I use Futurlec for most of my parts. The cost for a normal order for me is about 4.50 US with no minimum. The base the shipping cost on the dollar amount.

I have had very good experience with them for years.

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim

Depends on what sort of parts. For common stuff, I use Jameco but beware of their shipping charges when everything in the order doesn't come from the same warehouse. That is annoying. They will charge you something like an additional $6 to ship a 10 cent capacitor if it's from a different warehouse.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Sometimes

is good.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
JR North

Just make sure the parts you buy from them are not counterfeit....

Speaking from experience... Ed

Reply to
GPE

I use Jameco.

Al

Reply to
Al

I have had exceptionally good luck with All Electronics over the years. Their merchandise typically exceeds its catalog descriptions, and they ship quickly. Some of the items are surplus, which means that they don't always have everything you need, but for most common parts they do a marvelous job. The other stuff they've got in the catalog is just plain fun, and one of the difficulties in dealing with All Electronics is that one tends to buy way too much stuff that looks cool.

M Kinsler

wondering what to do with the violet LED's.

Reply to
m kinsler

Most of their stuff is surplus. It's a neat place, after ordering from them for probably 15 years I finally had a chance to drop in at the store when I was down in LA, it was cool to wander around and see the stuff, some was remnants of things I'd ordered years earlier.

Reply to
James Sweet