I Can't boot Linux through my CF!

Hi all
I want to create my own embedded Linux.
I want to use CF to boot.
when I mount my CF in other Linux , linux determines it as "sda1"
but when I copy necessary files on it and run lilo and make it bootable I
can't boot thorogh it!
(before lilo starts to work , Bios says that "Boot failed" , or Please put
bootable disk blah blah...)
I test this CF on several mainbaords and I got the same result
I don't know what is wrong

Re: I Can't boot Linux through my CF!
Are you sure that the BIOS can boot from this CF slot ?

Maybe the CF is considered as a removable disk and not as a standard ISA
   drive and thus the BIOS does not boot it. (The hardware of a CF card
can be accessed in either way. ISA compatible mode or CF mode).

I suppose you did write a boot record on the appropriate partition ?

-Michael

Re: I Can't boot Linux through my CF!

either the mainboard has to have support to boot off CF, or you need
an interface that emulates an IDE drive.

Re: I Can't boot Linux through my CF!

Are you using a USB adapter?  You might want to switch to an IDE
adapter.
See http://cfd.linnix.com

bootable I
Please put

Almost all PC can boot from CF in IDE mode.

Site Timeline