[Stupid Question] How can I boot my ISO/tar/ext2 image created with buildroot?

I've created an image (in various formats: ext2/iso/tar) with buildroot
11/2011.
Until now I've used unetbootinet to create a bootable usb pen drive for
testing in the target machine (i386).

Now I want put the image to my hard disk, and boot from that.

How can I put the image into the hard drive and make it bootable?

Thanks a lot!
--
*Willy* - *Contatti*: http://snipurl.com/contatti
* *FAQ* di /it-alt.comp.software.mozilla/: http://www.FAQmozilla.org

You'll need a bootloader of some sort (grub, lilo, etc.), and of course an
appropriate kernel.  Beyond that, just create a normal ext2/3/4 filesystem
in a normal partition, and make sure the boot loader is in a partition
marked bootable (or the MBR).

There really shouldn't be that much different between a USB drive and a hard
disk, beyond getting the BIOS to look at the right device (which I'd imagine
would be harder with the USB drive than the hard disk).

-Scott

Re: [Stupid Question] How can I boot my ISO/tar/ext2 image created with buildroot?

I've discovered that the version of grub installed by buildroot has a
little bug (actually is a patch that has some trouble) and when I try to
install with Qemu and the key usb passed with -hda option I've got a
segmentation fault on setup (hd0).
Now I'm trying with lilo.