Embedded Linux +python

I understand that the main difference between desktop and embedded
linux is the absence of a MMU in the latter.Theoritcally speaking ,
can i run a desktop environment (say KDE) and desktop applications on
my embedded platoform, provided it has enough memory and a suitable
display ?

Suppose i have an application built on wxWidgets and python.Can i
simply cross compile the app and make it run on the target?Are there
'light weight' GUI environments for embedded systems that allow this ?

Thanks.

Re: Embedded Linux +python

Nonsense. Embedded devices quite often have MMUs on the processors
they use.

There are heavy-weight GUI environments for embedded systems that
allow it.

Todays embedded systems are 10 times as powerful as the
desktop PC/workstation that I was using 10 years ago.

Phil
--
Marijuana is indeed a dangerous drug.
It causes governments to wage war against their own people.

The Python runtime can be made working with non-MMU systems and it does
not take that much resources.

There are special GUI systems for embedded projects (e.g. "NANO-GUI")

-Michael

Site Timeline