File transfer / sharing between embedded linux version 2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or li...

I am trying to share / transfer files between embedded linux version
2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or linux). What is the best way to
achieve this ?

Thanks in advance for your time & help. Regards

Ram

Re: File transfer / sharing between embedded linux version 2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or linux)

For linux hosts we use NSF. For windows I just use ftp. In explorer you can
just do the "map network drive" and have it point to your embedded system.
It will act mostly like a shared drive.

NSF on a linux host gives you better flexibility. For example you can
compile your code on the host and immediately execute on the target. You can
also use chroot on the target to keep your root file system on the desktop.

-Clark

Re: File transfer / sharing between embedded linux version 2.6.8.1 and desktops (windows or linux)

You can even use NSF for your root filesystem. Which can be
very nice for embedded work.

--
http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel /

Site Timeline