What are the options for moving files to an embedded Linux platform?

I have an embedded Linux device and I want to run lmbench on this platform, just wondering what the options are for moving the lmbench bundle to the Linux device. As the Linux is a minimum configuration, I don't think the lmbench source files would compile without any problems on the linux platform, my guess is that I would definitely need to compile the benchmark on a host and move the executables to the Linux device, but that would require modifcations to the Makefile of lmbench. I would like to know what the easist options are for benchmarking this embedded linux with lmbench.

The device can only communicate through serial port with host, and possibly via ethernet as well if I have to do so, what's in my mind is to compile lmbench locally on my host and build the executables into the kernel image and then program the image into boot flash.

Reply to
Wei Wang

You will need to cross compile lmbench for your target system. That means you will need a toolchain for your target that will run on the host system.

Cliff

Cliff Brake