Embedded Linux on SBC1586

Hello,

I am considering to buy the following board and begin some embedded Linux experiments on it.

Particularly I want to try out the methods described in Karim Yaghmour's book "Building Embedded Linux Systems".

Since I am new to this and that the board is not for free, I wonder if anyone sees any particular problems with this hardware, or if it is a good starting point?

Caj Zell

Reply to
Caj Zell

Hi, I purchased a board with intel810 STB architecture. All the devices are configured properly and I did not have any issues. Do you have any kernel version or any other embedded distribution in mind. in mind as I am thinking of a X11 support which can fit into a FLASH IDE. ravi.

Reply to
Ravi

Hi Caj Can you tell me where could I find the Yaghmour's book "Building Embedded Linux Systems" (would help if an online verion is available) I too am on lookout for a board (preferably an old run down one having ARM7 or an Intel XScale) to put Linux kernel on ( BTW are you using uCLinux or the full kernel including the MMU) You may also take a peek at gumstix boards - good for experimenting as they are cheap though I've never really looked a real one.

Abhilash

Reply to
k v