linux embbeded system

Hello Please tell me which site or book can help me in developing and using linux for embedded system.Moreover tell me how linux works for cell phones .I am new to this techjonology ,please guide how to become a proficient in linux programming for embedded systems. Thanks Bye sandeep

Reply to
sandeep

Building Embedded Linux Systems by Karim Yaghmour is a good book.

Reply to
Iyed.Bennour

Sandeep

A good web site for embedded Linux is

It has links to lots of implementations of embedded Linux and has a nice bibliography section.

Another good link is

This site has some great articles and white papers.

Here is a list of books that I've found to be really helpful.

1) Linux for Embedded and Real-time Applications by Doug Abbott from Newness Press 2) Embedded Linux by John Lombardo from New Riders 3) Embedded Linux, Hardware, Software, and Interfacing Craig Hollabaugh from Addison-Wesley 4) Building Embedded Linux System by Karim Yaghmour from O'Reilly 5) Open-Source Robotics and Process Control Cookbook by Lewin A. R. W. Edwards from Newnes

The last book on the list is included because it has a nice approach to balancing Linux versus real-time response.

In the not too distant future, I hope to add "Linux Appliance Design" by Bob Smith, John Hardin, Graham Phillips, and Bill Pierce to the list. Our publisher is No Starch and we are done with the first draft.

Bob Smith

Reply to
Bob Smith

ellis