linux embbeded system

Hello
      Please tell me which site or book can help me in developing and
using  linux for embedded system.Moreover tell me how linux works for
cell phones .I am new to this techjonology ,please guide how to become
a proficient in  linux programming for embedded systems.
                   Thanks
 Bye
 sandeep

Re: linux embbeded system
Building Embedded Linux Systems by Karim Yaghmour is a good book.

Re: linux embbeded system

Sandeep

     A good web site for embedded Linux is http://linuxdevices.com /.
It has links to lots of implementations of embedded Linux and has
a nice bibliography section.

     Another good link is http://www.celinuxforum.org /.  This site
has some great articles and white papers.

     Here is a list of books that I've found to be really helpful.

1) Linux for Embedded and Real-time Applications
    by Doug Abbott from Newness Press
2) Embedded Linux
    by John Lombardo from New Riders
3) Embedded Linux, Hardware, Software, and Interfacing
    Craig Hollabaugh from Addison-Wesley
4) Building Embedded Linux System
    by Karim Yaghmour from O'Reilly
5) Open-Source Robotics and Process Control Cookbook
    by Lewin A. R. W. Edwards from Newnes

     The last book on the list is included because it has a nice
approach to balancing Linux versus real-time response.

     In the not too distant future, I hope to add "Linux Appliance
Design" by Bob Smith, John Hardin, Graham Phillips, and Bill Pierce
to the list.  Our publisher is No Starch and we are done with the
first draft.

Bob Smith

Re: linux embbeded system

http://www.google.com /