New Beginnier in Embedded linux

Dear everyone...

I am a beginner in Embedded Linux. Can anyone tell me how I should start to learn the embedded linux programming... I have no idea about this. Please help me & give me some information for references...!!!

Thanks for your help!

Wyman

Reply to
wyman

Hello Wyman,

"wyman" schrieb in news:bs5r6f$5b0$ snipped-for-privacy@hfc.pacific.net.hk:

Do you have to solve a real problem or just want to play? :-) Have a look at diet-libc, uclib et.al. Have a nice google-session with embedded linux :-) Which programming language are you going to use? C/C++, Java...?

Regards, Kurt

--
PiN - Präsenz im Netz GITmbH
Kurt Harders

As a starting point,

. In particular, look at the section "Embedded Linux Quick Reference Guides" on the main page. There is reading material for days on a row. :-)

Also, I strongly recommend Karim Yaghmour's book, Building Embedded Linux Systems, O'Reilly.

HTH.

Elder.

Reply to
Elder Costa

Wyman,

I also strongly recommend "Building Embedded Linux Systems."

Another great resource is "Linux from Scratch." See

You can download a PDF from there and/or order the book.

Between the two books and all of the howtos on the Internet you too can go from newbie to expert in a month (like me).

Happy Holly-Daze,

Kirby W. Cartwright

Reply to
Kirby W. Cartwright