New Beginnier in Embedded linux

Dear everyone...

I am a beginner in Embedded Linux. Can anyone tell me how I should start to
learn the embedded linux programming... I have no idea about this. Please
help me & give me some information for references...!!!

Thanks for your help!

Wyman

Re: New Beginnier in Embedded linux
Hello Wyman,

Do you have to solve a real problem or just want to play? :-)
Have a look at diet-libc, uclib et.al.
Have a nice google-session with embedded linux :-)
Which programming language are you going to use? C/C++, Java...?

Regards, Kurt

--
PiN - Präsenz im Netz GITmbH
Kurt Harders

Also, I strongly recommend Karim Yaghmour's book, Building Embedded
Linux Systems, O'Reilly.

HTH.

Elder.

Re: New Beginnier in Embedded linux

Wyman,

I also strongly recommend "Building Embedded Linux Systems."

Another great resource is "Linux from Scratch."
See www.linuxfromscratch.org.  You can download a PDF
from there and/or order the book.

Between the two books and all of the howtos on the Internet
you too can go from newbie to expert in a month (like me).

Happy Holly-Daze,

Kirby W. Cartwright

Site Timeline