compiling kernel

hi all, I would like to compile kernel 2.6.10 and i dowonloaded it.In my system i have win 98 as well as linux kernel 2.4(Fedora 2) .This is the first time i am into this compilation process.

I have to compile this and after i have to port this to board of 386 architecture.

can aybody plz suggest me the details of compiling and porting this.

regards, konkan

Reply to
konkan

You should try with Google : "building linux kernel" or "Vortex86 linux"

Reply to
Helix

Thax 4 the response.bcoz i am a newbie in linux i am going to proceed as u told regards konkan

Reply to
konkan