kernel command line question

I am building a 2.6.10 kernel for iMX21ads board and it is not booting. (I have a 2.4.20 kernel port for the same board that works nice.)

I am not getting uncompressing linux and anything beyond that. I only get starting kernel from blob bootloader where nothing I did not change anything from 2.4 to 2.6. I have a couple of questions:

  1. Is the "general setup-> default kernel command string" really required if I am passing the arguments to the kenrel via bootloader's boot command? On bootloader prompt I give "boot root=/dev/mtdblock2 noinitrd ip=none" in both 2.4 and 2.6

  1. I have taken arch/arm/mach-mx2ads and include/asm/arch-mx2ads from

2.4 and put in 2.6 at proper locations and built it after some modifications. I have modified some Kconfigs and the makefiles. I know the code reaches head.s but does not call decompress_kernel. What could be going wrong?

Thanks Ashish

Reply to
Ashish

have a couple of questions:

The thing I want to ask in question 2 is if I have the same head.s in both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel, why would head.s in 2.6 not call decompress_kernel? What are the things that should be correct for head.s to function properly and call decompress_kernel without any trouble?

Reply to
Ashish