Add applications (routed) to SnapGear

Hi to everyone,

Is it possible to install other applications on a SnapGear box ?
I need support for routing protocols so I would like to install routed or
gated.
Can it be done?

Thanks,
    Corrado

Re: Add applications (routed) to SnapGear
Hi Corrado,
The SnapGear Linux distro has the routed (and zebra) source ported already,
so you can just enable either of these when building your own image.

It is not recommended to build your own image and put it on a retail SnapGear
unit
though, because you will lose the firewall, CGI web configuration GUI, and a few
other system programs and tools - If you want a Firewall/VPN SnapGear unit with
dynamic routing capabilities, you should look at upgrading to one of the higher
models.

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     snipped-for-privacy@snapgear.com