Add applications (routed) to SnapGear

Hi to everyone,

Is it possible to install other applications on a SnapGear box ? I need support for routing protocols so I would like to install routed or gated. Can it be done?

Thanks, Corrado

Reply to
Corrado Labinaz

Hi Corrado,

The SnapGear Linux distro has the routed (and zebra) source ported already, so you can just enable either of these when building your own image.

It is not recommended to build your own image and put it on a retail SnapGear unit though, because you will lose the firewall, CGI web configuration GUI, and a few other system programs and tools - If you want a Firewall/VPN SnapGear unit with dynamic routing capabilities, you should look at upgrading to one of the higher models.

Regards,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     damion@snapgear.com
SnapGear - A CyberGuard Company ---    ph:         +61 7 3435 2809
  | Custom Embedded Solutions          fax:         +61 7 3891 3630
  | and Security Appliances            web: http://www.snapgear.com~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  ---  Free Embedded Linux Distro at   http://www.snapgear.org  ---
Reply to
Damion de Soto