Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

JFFS2 atomic write?
Are file writes using JFFS2 atomic? For example: 1. There is a file which has been written to FLASH. 2. The file is opened, modified and closed. The file may occupy multiple sectors in the FLASH. 3....

Need Some UNIX Learning Resources
Hi Guys, I am currently a web developer; however, I want to learn UNIX system and Solaris. I also want to be a UNIX system admin. If you have any learning materials or books, please share. I would...
5
5

Coding guidelines for embedded applications
Could you point some well known coding guidelines used for embedded applications ? I will be using C/C++ on Linux for a real-time embedded application.
1
1

RTAI, RTLinux and fully preemptive patch
Hi, i'm developing real-time application and i need to know relation between 1. RTAI ( 2. RTLinux ( 3. ingo molnar patch about kernel fully preemptive ( It is three patch to achieve the same goal ? or...
3
3

---
Hi, All I need to know how to control io accurately (micro second level)within userland. Currently I use for looping to wait but instability problem happened seriously ,Please help me to do this....
1
1

Processing data at high speed
I would like to know your opinion about the following requirements: - data archival: 327.68 MB to process in 2.56 s, this task should be done in real time for very long periods of time - image...
3
3

yaSSL Exhibiting at ARM Technology Conference
Hi! yaSSL will be exhibiting at the 2010 ARM Technology Conference in Santa Clara, CA on November 10th and 11th, 2010. If you are attending, stop by and visit! The yaSSL team will be talking about...

Memory allocated on the stack for a different thread
Hi I would like to test my understanding of threads. In the snipped below: void* thread_starter(void *arg) { if (arg) { printf("arg = %d", *((int*)arg)); free(arg); } else { printf("null ptr"); }...
2
2

Difference between -lpthread and -pthread compilation opts
Hi Could someone explain what is the difference between compiling a program with -lpthread or -pthread ? I needed to use pthread_atfork() function in a c program. Only when compiling with -pthread...
2
2

TTY ldisc work item is hanging
Hi All, From my virtual tty device, I am pushing data to the TTY layer as follows static int vs_rx_data(u8 *buf, int size, struct dev_info *dev) { int ret_val =3D 0; LOG_INFO("In vs_rx_data ");...

Xpower DDR3 2000 won ECONO Award
SILICON POWER Xpower DDR3 2000 won ECONO Award from CHIP, Poland For more information pls check below link: =D8=B4=D8=B1=DA=A9=D8=AA =D8=AF=D8=A7=D8=AF=D9=87 =D9=BE=D8=B1=D8=AF=D8=A7= =D8=B2...

Linux Kernel condition variable
Hi All, I am porting a Solaris driver for a PCI device to Linux. I saw a lot of use of condition variables in the Code. Is there some equivalent kernel calls or primitives in Linux ? Is it possible to...

Develop Software or Systems? Earn Guaranteed $10 or have $10 donated to FIRST; Chance to Win an iPad
VDC, an independent technology research firm, is conducting research for its study of the software and systems lifecycle management tools market. The research covers technologies and practices related...

HDD Armor A10 Ultra Rugged Portable Hard Disk Drive
SILICON POWER Armor A10 Ultra Rugged Portable Hard Disk Drive: Built Like No Other For more information please visit below link: =D8=B4=D8=B1=DA=A9=D8=AA =D8=AF=D8=A7=D8=AF=D9=87...

amazing test result of HDD Armor A70
Triple Test Quadruple Security SILICON POWER Armor A70 A walk through fire without a burn, Received excellent reviews from famous Hungary online video media. For more information pls visit below link:...