Unidentified switch on USB cable

I have this USB cable to connect my Siemens M55 phone to my computer for data transfer to and from the phone.

In the middle of the cable is a small black box with a two-position switch labeled L and R. What could this be for? Thanks in advance, Simon.

Reply to
google_groups

Charging on/off switch if it's this one...

Perhaps yours has wrong label?

Reply to
CWatters

Thanks for the answer. A good suggestion - may be right (about wrong label for recharge function.) Any other suggestions out there folks?

CWatters wrote:

computer

google_groups