Data Cable 7210

I just bought a Nokia 7210 and almost fell over when they told me they wanted $164 extra for the data cable to connect it to my PC.

Now I'm sure it's not a simple matter of wiring the pinouts on the phone to the USB port but has anyone made one up? Or do they use a proprietary chip or interface in the cable?

They told me they used to sell a non genuine cable for about $45 but it apparently didn't work too well and most were returned so they stopped selling them.

Alternatively any suggestions or experience with adding on an infra red port to the PC (the phone has one built in).

Thanks in advance ....... John

jross from senet.com.au

Reply to
Jibberd