DC Jack to USB - Data cable

Hi,

I have a Kyocera Blade 424C phone. The phone's data cable (as I can see on the net) fits into the phone's DC inlet also used by the battery charger. Now the USB spec says that a USB connector has to have four wires, two for power and two for data. But the DC jack only has two and the female connector on the phone also looks like a standard two-wire connector. So is this some special design or does the OEM USB data cable has a special four-wire DC jack at the other end?

And what do these USB-to-phone chargers consist of? Just a cable that connects the power wires of the USB A-type jack to the two wires of a DC jack? Is that it?

- Siddhartha

Reply to
Siddhartha Jain