How to make a USB 2.0 male x male data link

I have a need for a site that describes this procedure, thanks in advance.

ctops.legal

Reply to
ctops.legal

If you want to make a cable with male connectors on both ends, nothing but wire in the middle, then transfer data from one computer to another: Not possible. Don't remember the details, but the USB standard makes it physically impossible. There must be an active device in the middle of the cable. But don't take my word for it. Google "usb data transfer", etc. There are many on the market.

Reply to
webpa

See if

has what you need. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I would not advise USB to USB to transfer files. USB was not designed for this.

It is best done through the Ethernet port. There is a lot of information available about how to make a simple network between two computers for transfering files.

Jerry G.

-----------

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ctops.legal

Reply to
Jerry G.

USB is a master/slave connection, and your intent is to connect two masters. It can be done, by a cable that supports a dual-port memory which is a slave to both the masters. And, some software.

However, a peer-to-peer connection is far easier and can generalize to more than two computers. Firewire and Ethernet and variations on WiFi are the best choices here.

Those little USB keychain flash drives are widely available, inexpensive and completely supported by modern OS software. Use them if it has to be a USB solution.

Reply to
whit3rd

Greetings "ctops.legal" et. al...

I couldn't agree with Jerry more! Even if configured for data transfer, USB is bandwidth limited for data of any substantial size. This is why our networks have notoriously been Ethernet based. The good thing about two computers that sport an Ethernet connection is you don't require a hub or a switch if you merely want to connect the two together.

In front of me right now is a Belkin package for a CAT5e Crossover cable M/N: T3532G/A. Many other companies are making the same type of cable - probably for less money. Connect this cable between two computers having an Ethernet port and you'll typically have 10 or 100MBit/sec. connection and something less than that regarding the actual data transfer, considering the overhead, but it will usually be more than adequate for PC use. This is the way to establish data transfer at a better bandwidth with a protocol that was established for broadband reliable data transfer.

Cheers, Mr. Mentor

It is best done through the Ethernet port. There is a lot of information available about how to make a simple network between two computers for transfering files.

Jerry G.

-----------

Reply to
dBc

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:T_OdnXP8zMudsqvVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Report them to the FCC. Recently FAX spammers have been fined tens of thousands of dollars.

You can also SUE the FAX spammer in small claims court.

Google for fax spammer fined

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
bz

That only works for people in the US. My method works anywhere.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

You don't have to live in a country to sue in that country nor to report law violators in that country to regulators in that country.

That said, I did stop a 'junk faxer' a couple of years ago by a somewhat similar method. They were sending 'pump and dump' stock tip faxes, with a 1 800 number at the bottom to 'opt out'. Of course, opting out had no effect...or rather confirmed your phone number to the junk faxers.

I know this because I tried a couple of times and just got more junk faxes.

So I programmed my computer to repeatedly call the 'opt out' number and 'press the right buttons to "opt out"'. Repeatedly. Over and over. All night long.

I think I only had to run it a couple of nights before they stopped hitting my fax machine.

--
bz

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
bz

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

.
.

Mike you really hate spam don't you, I am just curious you in the UK ?, and you don't have "infinite ignorance" your an intense individual I like that and where I'm at complaints from private citizens are like standing on top of Mt. Everest (alone) and yelling for a cup of hot chocolate, if you don't fine a law suit you can't even get access to basic public records. Honestly spam is not a big problem here in the US, there is to many scamers trying to prey on old people that can't even start a computer, crack dealers are more ethecial than most lawyers, judges make up there own sets of rules for the court, complaints what a joke, what you say, oh nyea my friend is making me a USB x USB interface he said it's simple and it's will be tweaked, see you can make any hardware you want in the US just don't try to make $ on it., hey what's up with Google's new "Validation: For verification purposes please type the characters you see in the picture below or the numbers you hear by clicking the accessibility icon" deal ?

ctops.legal

Reply to
ctops.legal

Hey Gov. You didn't even mention the Donkeys and Elephants fighting head to head to get into more of their public's pockets. EH!! Cheers

Reply to
Art

I'm in the US and I despise spam, more than one email address I've had has been rendered useless by the enormous volume of spam that makes it in. I've had much better luck since I switched to gmail and set up a number of disposable email forwards through trashmail.net, now whenever I start getting spam from one, I can just drop it and switch to another.

Reply to
James Sweet

I use 'Mailwasher' to bounce the garbage as undeliverable. If they are expecting to do business with their email address, the more bounced mail, the better to plug their inbox and prevent real customers from contacting them. I have never abandoned an e-mail address, but I have had to change ISPs quite a few times as they went out of business, or couldn't tell the truth about their technical problems. That old, "The problem is on your end" doesn't work when you have a half dozen working computers that have the same problem, all at once. :)

. I still have my Netscape E-mail address that is at least ten years old. That account was created two days after I went online. The E-mail account from my ISP received 13 identical pieces of spam the first day, so I replied to every one of them, telling them what to do with their 'custom painted hardhats'. I got a nasty email back, telling me that I had no right to 'spam them' with thirteen replies becasue it filled their tiny inbox, but they were within their rights to send me e-mail because they were in business. I told them they had sent me 13 pieces of their crap advertising, and the next time I would send two replies. A third time would get for, and continue to go up, by the power of two. I never got another e-mail from them. ;-)

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, I am in the US, and I hate spam. As far as tracking down public information, I do fairly well. I had a friend selling pet supplies at a flea market who was being harassed by another dealer who bragged that no one would ever find out where she lived. We got her full name, and within 15 minutes online I had found her street address on an open database, and printed out a map for my friends. Then they drove up and down the street a few times, till they were sure they saw the woman peeking out her front door at their marked vehicle. :)

The change at Google is because spammers have developed automated software to create new accounts. The change slows them down, because they have to crack a 'captcha' (The graphic you have to decode and type in) for every message they post. So far it's working, because what spam I am seeing today is mostly posted from other news servers.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

NO!!!!! NEVER bounce mail unless you can _guarantee_ that it goes to the ACTUAL sender!!!!

Bouncing mail is an abuse of the INTERNET and should NEVER be done.

What if [as is very common] the spammer is using a forged return / senders address???? You end up clobbering some innocent soul's inbox.

Some spammers purposely use bouncers to 'forward' their spam.

Many viruses use bouncers or even faked bounces to try to get their virus infected e-mail to someone that will open it.

.... snipped a case where bouncing WAS justified. Such cases are very rare.

Usually it is better to report spammers to their ISP and let the ISP deal with them. If you do ANYTHING to let the spammer know that your e-mail address works, you are just inviting them to sell your address to other spammers.

By the way, spamcop can be used to report spam. Sometimes it helps.

--
bz

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
bz

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ctops.legal

I agree gmail, spam not a problem.

Reply to
ctops.legal

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

.

rve/cache/329.html

.

Yea by coincidence I was discussing in another group Spamcop, and Carnivore, aka DCS1000 which is a hardware gaget that any honorable ISP would not allow, but do you guys know of a computer based software retail/custom that will extract the header information from emails ?

Reply to
ctops.legal

"ctops.legal" wrote in news:20fd4783-628b-4d91- snipped-for-privacy@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

I use thunderbird to read my e-mails. I do a ctrl-U to view the source, which includes the headers. Other programs have ways also. Takes some practice to understand the headers.

bz    	73 de N5BZ k

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
bz

Please don't bounce spam; this can contribute to backscatter attacks wherein the bounced messages are returned to forged envelope sender addresses, creating DoS floods and more spam.

Michael

Reply to
msg

"thunderbird " as in the email client ?, I had no idea thunderbird mail client had such a feature, there is some custom software I have been hearing about but can't find it, is the thunderbird procedure ctrl-U give correct ip information ?

ctops.legal

Reply to
ctops.legal