TV question

We had a thunderstorm and the power blinked on and off. Then the TV wouldn't work.

The power switch relay clicks and clicks again after a few seconds, but no sound or picture. It won't click twice again unless you unplug it and plug it back in, and then it will click twice when you press the power button.

The fuse didn't blow and has continuity.

The transformer to the logic circuits is 18 volts AC on the secondary. There's a larger transformer that overloads the multimeter. All the diodes work. Everything is on one board, except for a small board that plugs into the tube.

Somebody said you can reset a TV. Does anyone know how? It's a Sharp 26" color TV, model 25R-M100N. Do you have any ideas on how I might fix the TV, or determine whether or not it can be fixed?

Reply to
Jon

you

There's no reset for this problem. It's time to call a Tech.

Reply to
Patch

you

The clicking is, I suspect, the de-gauss circuit operating. Being a Sharp it is unlikely to be mendable.

Reply to
Mjolinor

"No picture" is not a valid symptom. When you take it to the shop, tleel them "No sound, white screen" or "No sound, black screen". Entirely different problems.

Reply to
JeffM