Toshiba TV Question

I have a Toshiba TV32C50 that is about 12 yrs old. Recently I've found that when I try to turn it on, it clicks on then off instantly. When I push the on button or try the remote I get nothing. I found by unplugging the power cord for a few minutes, then trying it again got it to turn on. But recently that hasn't worked. Now when I try to turn it on it just clicks on and off and if you try to turn it on again there is nothing. Can anyone diagnose what the problem is?

Reply to
dave_delay

There are some parts failing in the power supply, and or one of the scan circuits. Usually, this is attributed to some of the electrolytic capacitors failing in these areas. Take your set to a service centre, and they should be able to service it for you. The cost will not be too high for this type of repair, if it is only a number of caps.

If the picture was not bright and crisp before it failed, I would not put very much money in to it. After the sets are more than about 6 years old, usually the CRT's are starting to be weak. It is not a good decision to put good money in to a set with a weak CRT.

--

JANA
_____

"dave_delay"  wrote in message
I have a Toshiba TV32C50 that is about 12 yrs old. Recently I've found
that when I try to turn it on, it clicks on then off instantly. When I
push the on button or try the remote I get nothing. I found by
unplugging the power cord for a few minutes, then trying it again got
it to turn on. But recently that hasn't worked. Now when I try to turn
it on it just clicks on and off and if you try to turn it on again
there is nothing. Can anyone diagnose what the problem is?
Reply to
JANA

Thanks for your advice. The set works great when it does work. I didn't want to dump a pile of money into it and if it's not too expensive a repair to fix, it's worth it.

Reply to
dave_delay