Transfer VHS tapes to DVD

Hello group- I have tons of VHS tapes, some of which are very personal and mean a lot to me. I would like to transfer them onto DVDs for obvious reasons. I have good quality VCR and a DVD recorder. Is this all I need ? What if I want to edit the DVD afterwards ? What software do I need and exactly how does this process work ? Anyone with experience and can shed more light on this subject is greatly appreciated. Many thanks !

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Hi Bill. You need a video encoder module (USB or PCI), available from a number of suppliers including CPC and also Maplins.

As for software, Nero 6 is good for this type of editing, I've used it myself.

Regards, _A

Reply to
Andre