DVD Recorder and VCR Help please

Hi I have a DVD Recorder with HD, and I want to record some stuff from my VCR. However when I went to try it, it comes up with a message that my TV is not compatible with this DVD Recorder.

What should I do, is there some settings on my TV I should change ? My TV is pretty new, only about 2 years old. Any adice much appreciated.

Thanks.J

Reply to
James Thompson

OK read carefully .

some stuff from my

What Make/Model?

that my TV is not

What Make/Model?

change ?

What Make/Model? And how is all this stuff connected? What leads are you using connected to what?

Be a little more specific ;-)

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

Strange that the TV tells you its not compatible?

Do you get this message when you are trying to record or just playing a DVD? What make/ model gear have you got? Are you using AV leads to connect the TV to the DVD recorder? Allan

Reply to
Allan

Reply to
James Thompson

**It is likely that you are trying to record copyright material. (Naughty, naughty). You need a Macrovision defeat system, if you wish to violate the law with such impunity.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Hmmmm, smells like copy protection to me. Are the tapes commercial ones ? If so, do you have the same problems with tapes you record yourself ?

If this is the problem, you may be able to accomplish the recording with the aid of a "video enhancer" connected between the VCR & the DVD recorder.

HTH

Dave (one of the many)

Reply to
Dave Goldfinch