DVD Recorder Disks Types (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RAM, etc.)

Hi,

I recently bought a Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR-ES20) so I can transfer VHS tape/s home movies to DVDs.

This unit handles DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RAM, as well as DVD-RW. No where in the owner's manual, does it explain what the difference is between DVD-R and DVD+R, nor does the manual explain the difference between the above disks types and a "DVD-RAM" disk. Note: The unit came with one free "DVD-RAM" (120 minutes) disk.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Check out

Should answer all your questions.

It basically comes down to the compatibility of any of your older units which will be used to play them.

Google is your friend, use it wisely and get all the answers you are looking for. Typed "DVD FAQ" and it was pretty much in the first hit..

Enjoy..

Reply to
The_Emporium